Where is it?
The site is in the heart of the Otay Ranch Master Plan Community just south of the Otay Ranch Town Center. The project boundaries are Birch Road to the north, Eastlake Parkway to the east and SR125 toll road to the west.
What is it exactly?
Millenia is the new stylish urban hub of South San Diego County. Where big business, hospitality, housing, shopping, entertainment and recreation all mix it up. Millenia is a 210 acre mixed-use master plan located in the City of Chula Vista-south San Diego County. The project is entitled for 3,000 residential units (which can include rental units, for-sale and specialty housing such as senior housing or assisted living) and approximately 3.5 million square feet of commercial space (hospitality, retail, office, and civic uses) Groundbreaking on Phase 1 began in August 2013.
Millenia – The Facts
- South County’s new City Center – 5 distinct districts spanning 80 city blocks
- Districts include: an office district, a civic district, mixed use main street district, gateway retail district and residential districts
- 30 acres of office designed as the corporate class A business center of South County
- Fully entitled for 3.5 million SF of commercial space
- 7 miles to the US border (Otay Mesa)
- 300,000 square feet of retail
- Up to 3,000 urban format, multifamily townhomes and triplexs
- Civic and cultural facilities – six parks, City Library, Fire Station
A well planned new urban-style community – located among suburban neighborhoods of Otay Ranch – that offers a new kind of livable town for San Diego – a “hybrid” alternative to suburban and urban neighborhoods – with easy access to urban-style amenities.
Product types (per 8.14.13):
1) 2-story 4 and 6 plex townhomes (1,289 – 1,484 sq. ft.)
2) 2-story triplex (1,606 – 1,864 sq. ft.)
3) 3-story triplex (1,660 – 1,896 sq. ft.)
Apartments by Fairfield Residential – Late 2015 Opening
Retail by Sudberry Properties – 2016 Opening
Hotel – 2016 Opening
Office – 2016 Opening